At OpenGeoHub, Rianne supports OpenGeoHub’s business by helping with managing and coordinating various European and international projects. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- cross-checking budgets, helping with organizing time sheets, calendar planning, organizing and coordinating meetings including logistical issues,
- cross-checking agronomy designs and helping build yield-weather-soil models for agronomy applications,
- communicating and representing OpenGeoHub and EnvirometriX businesses with Dutch institutions,
- inputting and processing tabular data using Google docs and sheets, R and/or Python scripting,
- helping with the organization of events including OpenGeoHub summer schools, hackathons, and workshops,
- managing and producing financial reports and time-sheets.
Rianne has a background in agricultural sciences with a specialization in land and water management. Additionally, she followed a track on entrepreneurship and climate action from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). At OpenGeoHub, Rianne is a project coordinator assistant/research assistant. Besides the above-mentioned tasks, her function also includes assisting in updating the company websites and preparing documents and materials for future interns.
- 2020–present: Project coordinator assistant and research assistant, OpenGeoHub
- 2020: Research analyst and assistant project manager, Agrisim, The Netherlands,
- 2014–2020: Coordinator and event manager, YoungKLV, The Netherlands,
- 2016: Event manager, ISU, Norway.